Being human: want something different to the gym, mindless machines, aggressive martial arts and competitive team sports?
Being human: come and discover yourself with an exercise system both ancient and cutting edge modern.
Come and practice the Ancient Taoist Arts of Lishi (Lee family).
• Nottingham Tai Chi
• Nottingham Kai Men / “Open Door” exercises
• Nottingham Qi Gong
• Nottingham Kung Fu Self Defence
• Nottingham Taoist stick, sword, sabre & silk
• Nottingham Traditional Taoist Wushu
The Lee family of Nottingham Taoism are personally handed down from the teachings and practice of Chee Soo and many Taoists before him. This remarkable man was still actively leading classes well into his seventies, a fine example of the Taoist philosophy of putting “life into your years”.
Come and learn how to get the best out of yourself.
The Nottingham class is a friendly group with students of all ages and abilities.
You are very welcome and are guaranteed to have fun, so come along!
Be fit, be healthy, be happy, be calm, be strong, be flexible, be baffled, be enlightened – be human!
All you need is loose comfortable clothing (e.g. Tracksuit bottoms, T-shirt and trainers).
New Beginners Class starting Tuesday 7th January 2014
You will learn:
• Daoist culture and etiquette
• How to keep fit and healthy
• How to improve your posture
• How to move effectively and efficiently
• How to defend yourself
• How to eat well
• How to improve your concentration & memory
• How to use and develop your energy
The Nottingham class takes place every Tuesday from September 2013:
New beginners class
Sherwood Hall, Sherwood United Reform Church
1 Edwards Lane
For a map and directions please click here
My name is Martin and I am the leader of the Nottingham class.
I have more than 10 years experience teaching these Arts.
• I am a State-Registered Physiotherapist,
• A trained First Aider
• Hold Adult Teaching certificates up to NVQ Level 4
• Hold internationally recognised qualifications to the highest levels for Performing and Coaching in:
– Chinese Physical Culture
– Weihai Lishi Quanfa
– Lishi Arts
– Li Family System.
I train regularly with the Lishi senior coach. In addition to being the President of Lishi International he is also the Overseas President of the Weihai Wushu Association (Shandong Province, People’s Republic of China). He is internationally recognised as a world authority of these Arts and is regularly called upon to teach across the UK, as well as in Ireland, France, Germany, America and China.
Tags: Chee Soo, chi, citytag, Daoism, Daoist, Feng Shou, Health, Internal Martial Arts, Kung Fu, Kungfu, Lee Family, Li Family, lishi, Martial Arts, Nottingham, qi, Qigong, Tai Chi, Taichi, taiji, tao, taoism, Taoist, Wushu, Yoga