Being human</font COLOR: want something different to the gym, mindless machines, aggressive martial arts and competitive team sports?
Being human</font COLOR: come and discover yourself with an exercise system both ancient and cutting edge modern.
Come and practice the Ancient Taoist Arts of Lishi (Lee family).
• Leicester Tai Chi
• Leicester Kai Men / “Open Door” exercises
• Leicester Qi Gong
• Leicester Kung Fu Self Defence
• Leicester Taoist stick, sword, sabre & silk
• Leicester Traditional Taoist Wushu
The Lee family of Leicester Taoism are personally handed down from the teachings and practice of Chee Soo and many Taoists before him. This remarkable man was still actively leading classes well into his seventies, a fine example of the Taoist philosophy of putting “life into your years”.
Come and learn how to get the best out of yourself.
The Leicester class is a friendly group with students of all ages and abilities.
You are very welcome and are guaranteed to have fun, so come along!
Be fit, be healthy, be happy, be calm, be strong, be flexible, be baffled, be enlightened – be human!
All you need is loose comfortable clothing (e.g. Tracksuit bottoms, T-shirt and trainers).
Beginners Always Welcome
You will learn:
• Daoist culture and etiquette
• How to keep fit and healthy
• How to improve your posture
• How to move effectively and efficiently
• How to defend yourself
• How to eat well
• How to improve your concentration & memory
• How to use and develop your energy
Leicester Tai Chi and Kung Fu: Lishi Class Times
New beginners class
Mondays 7-9pm at:
Main Hall, Thorpe Astley Community Centre
Lakin Drive, Thorpe Astley
Leicester LE3 3RU
For a map and directions, please click here
Leicester Day Course
Saturday 13th June 2015
12:30pm to 16:30pm
Email the teacher for info and to apply for a place
ABOUT THE TEACHER
My name is Martin and I am the leader of the Leicester class.
I have more than 10 years experience teaching these Arts.
• I am a State-Registered Physiotherapist,
• A trained First Aider
• Hold Adult Teaching certificates up to NVQ Level 4
• Hold internationally recognised qualifications to the highest levels for Performing and Coaching in:
– Chinese Physical Culture
– Weihai Lishi Quanfa
– Lishi Arts
– Li Family System.
I train regularly with the Lishi senior coach. In addition to being the President of the International Daoist Society (now Lishi International) he is also the Overseas President of the
Weihai Wushu Association (Shandong Province, People’s Republic of China). He is internationally recognised as a world authority and Master of these Arts and is regularly called upon to teach across the UK, as well as in Ireland, France, Germany, America and China.